Hello and thanks for stopping by! My name is Amy and I am so happy you’re here.
I have been blogging for a few years now and it is a creative outlet for me-just like my Etsy vintage shop is. I have a lot of fun decorating my home and I have a very specific sense of style: I either LOVE something or I hate it. Click through my posts to find DIY ideas, recipes, and home decor, as well as home exploits, ideas for greener living, and vintage living ideas and decor.
I blog to inspire others to LOVE their home as much as I do and to hopefully love vintage and second hand items too :) I love items with a past and especially items that are well made and local. I strive to show people they too can have a home full of THEIR personality filled with unique, one of a kind items.
I started thrift shopping in my high school years and I was addicted from the beginning. At first I looked for trendy, current items but as I kept thrifting I discovered I was drawn to more unique, vintage items that were well crafted and no longer made. I really discovered myself, my personal style, and my home decor likes at the thrift store (is that putting too much emphasis on thrift stores? nah).
I have always been on a budget, my parents are very good with money and I feel fortunate that they passed their wisdom onto me. This “budget-sense” not only led to my thrift store shopping but also to my DIY spirit (my parents were great DIY-ers too). I love the challenge of created not only a unique home that reflects me (us if you include Husband) but also of helping others feel confident to do the same and to buy less “big box store” products. I LOVE to support my local community and small businesses and I want to encourage others to do the same. It feels awesome to be a part of your community in an active and real way-to put faces to businesses and feel invested.
I started my vintage shop a few month after I started blogging and I enjoy it SO much. I sell finely curated vintage wares for home and self via local flea markets and shows and via Etsy. I only sell wares that I love and are drawn to immediately so it is hard to part with everything I sell.
A few fun facts about me:
- I am an extremely picky eater-I do not like eggs, citrus fruits, or pie.
- I am a neat freak–everything in my home has a place and 99% of the time it’s in that place (I know-you hate me).
- I have climbed the Great Wall of China
- The first thing Husband noticed about me was my bright pink hair
- My favorite movie is White Christmas
- I LOVE giraffes and going to the zoo in general
- I love to learn and I have a weakness for documentaries
- I have seen EVERY Oscar winning Best Picture film and every AFI Top 100 film (both lists)
- I know more about the sitcom FRIENDS than anyone-that IS a challenge!
- I love to go camping–real camping, NOT at a camp ground with bathrooms and showers and other people.